Terms & conditions
RULES OF USE – QUICK OVERVIEW
• Can be used seven days a week – minimal exclusion days apply.
• Can be redeemed by a minimum of two people (excluding some Beauty & Fitness Offers).
• Up to 4 Offers can be redeemed at one time for a group of 8 people or more.
• Should be presented prior to payment or requesting the bill.
• Are not valid in conjunction with any other discount offers, promotions, special menu items or loyalty/rewards programs.
RULES OF USE – IN FULL
1. Redeeming Your Offers
• Redeeming Offers on your App is very simple:
1. Select your chosen Offer for use on the App.
2. Present your mobile device with the chosen Offer to the server prior to the bill being presented.
3. You will be prompted to enter your four digit PIN number.
4. Once your PIN is entered, the merchant is prompted to enter their PIN.
5. Once the merchant has entered their PIN the Offer will be redeemed and the item or service will be removed from your bill.
• To redeem more Offers, simply repeat the same process.
• One Offer can be used by two people, up to a maximum of 4 Offers per visit/booking/table for a group of 8 people or more:
• Number of people | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 or more
• Number of offers | 0 | 1 | 1 | 2 | 2 | 3 | 3 | 4 max
• In the case of a dispute, the bill must be settled as per local law. Relevant parties will be contacted for resolution.
2. Offer Validity
• Offers are valid from 2nd January through to 30th December of the year indicated on the Offer, unless otherwise specified.
• Offers are only redeemable with the issuing merchant and/or venue.
• Offers apply only to the items/services and location(s) specified on the Offer.
• Offers are exclusive and not valid in conjunction with any other discount offers, promotions, special offers or dining/loyalty/employee/rewards programs.
• Offers do not apply to any additional service charges or taxes.
• Offers are valid seven days a week, unless specified on the Offer and minimal exclusion days apply.
• If a merchant or venue refuses to honor any Offer please contact Customer Service.
• Offers are not redeemable for cash, unless required by law.
• Unauthorised reproduction, resale or modification of any Offer is prohibited. Offers are void if resold or bartered.
3. Food & Drink Offers
• A Main Course/Main Menu Item is defined as the main element of a customer's lunch or dinner – i.e. not a starter or a dessert. The ENTERTAINER is not responsible for the specific layout/design of a merchant’s menu. If in doubt, clarify with the server before ordering.
• One Offer can be used by two people, up to a maximum of 4 Offers per table, for a group of 8 people or more (see Table 1). This Rule applies regardless of the product the Offer is from. E.g. a group of 4 people can redeem 2 main course Offers at a restaurant, alternatively they can redeem 1 Cheers Offer and 1 main course Offer - redeeming a maximum 2 Offers in total.
• The least expensive item (as listed on the Offer) will be deducted. The two items must be from the same category as marked on the Offer e.g. buy one “Main Course” and get one “Main Course” free; or buy one “Sushi Set Lunch” and get one “Sushi Set Lunch” free; or buy one “House Beverage” and get one “House Beverage” free.
• Only one bill will be presented per table. No splitting of bills will be allowed.
• Offers are valid solely for the item listed and are not valid for special events (e.g. Iftar, Suhoor, buffets, set price brunch menu, theme nights, special menus or in conjunction with B.Y.O) – unless otherwise indicated on the Offer
• Offers are not redeemable for breakfast, starters, side dishes, desserts or shared platters – unless otherwise indicated on the Offer.
• Offers are not valid for delivery or takeaway - unless otherwise indicated on the Offer.
• Discounts do not apply to service charges.
• South Africa only: No corkage is allowed unless otherwise specified.
• Offers contained in Informal Dining & Take-away can be used by 2 people, unless otherwise specified.
• Offers contained in “Delivery” can be used by 1 person, unless otherwise specified.
3.1. Cheers Offers
• Cheers Offers contain reference to alcohol and are intended for the use of persons of legal age to purchase alcohol in their country of residence and in the country from which they are using the Cheers Offers and in certain countries, in addition to age requirements, that such persons are also non-Muslim
• Cheers Offers are exclusive and not valid in conjunction with any other promotion or special menu items, including happy hours and ladies’ nights offered by the merchant.
• A maximum of 4 Offers can be redeemed per booking/table/group (as outlined in see Table 1). This Rule applies regardless of the product the Offer is from. For example, a group of 4 people can redeem 2 Cheers Offers, alternatively they can redeem 1 Cheers Offer and 1 Main Course Offer - redeeming a maximum of 2 Offers in total
4. Attractions & Leisure Offers
• A minimum of 2 people must be present to redeem an Offer – unless otherwise specified. A maximum of 4 Offers can be redeemed per booking/visit for a group of 8 people or more (see Table 1).
• Terms & Conditions may vary with a number of activities so please refer to the individual merchant/outlet for confirmation of minimum/maximum number of people, age restrictions, safety guidelines and other conditions.
• Prior booking may be required for certain offers and/or activities.
5. Beauty & Fitness Offers
• Beauty & Fitness Offers can be redeemed in two ways:
1. One Offer can be used by two people within the same visit,with the second treatment or service being complimentary.
2. One Offer can be used by an individual, whereby you must pay full price for the first treatment/service and your second treatment/service will be complimentary on your next visit. The merchant provides a voucher for the second treatment/service to be used on another visit. The complimentary treatment/service must be redeemed within the Offer validity period. Please note: gift vouchers cannot be issued for your complimentary treatment/service. The complimentary treatment/service is non-transferable.
• Please present the Offer at the completion of the treatment/service, prior to requesting the bill. If the Offer is in the Health & Fitness section, please present it prior to the commencement of any class or activity.
• If the Offer is in the Health & Fitness section, please present it prior to the commencement of any class or activity. (Please see additional conditions for Athens here)
• Prior booking is required
6. Retail & Services Offers
• Certain Offers in the Retail & Services category that begin ‘Invites you …’ (rather than ‘You and a guest are invited…’) may be used by an individual.
• When redeeming a Retail & Services Offer individually, you will pay full price for the first service and your second service will be complimentary. Please remember you will need to redeem the complimentary service within the Offer validity period.
7. Hotels Worldwide Offers
• A Hotels Worldwide Offer provides you with ‘Book One Night Get One Free’ at leading hotels and resorts throughout the Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia. These Offers appear in the Hotels Worldwide category on the App.
• Hotels Worldwide Offers are subject to their own HOTELS WORLDWIDE – RULES OF USE - please refer to these Rules for more information prior to making a hotel booking.
• Hotels Worldwide Offers cannot be pinged to other users.
• There are some Bed and Breakfast outlets featured in the “Attractions & Leisure” category in South Africa, these Offers are subject to the following conditions:
o Offers are valid on the outlet’s Best Available Rate.
o Offers can only be redeemed on consecutive night stay.
o Offers are valid for the outlet’s Bed & Breakfast rate.
o Taxes, charges and any tourism or other government fees are excluded.
o Only 1 Offer may be used per room per stay/booking.
8. Monthly Offers
• Monthly Offers are available to Members who have purchased a digital product – the Monthly Offers available are linked to the digital product a Member has purchased. Example Dubai Fine Dining 2017 app customers have access to the Dubai Fine Dining monthly offers.
• Monthly Offers change on a monthly basis and are often for items and services different to the main offers. The validity is marked on the Offer, but we reserve the right to remove Monthly Offers at any time and cannot be held responsible if a Monthly Offer is discontinued prior to the end of the validity period.
• Monthly Offers do not deplete after use and can be used multiple times during the validity period, however use is restricted to 4 times per account, per merchant, per day.
• Monthly Offers cannot be pinged to other users.
• Monthly Offers are subject to the usual Rules of Use.
• Smiles are a virtual currency that works like a loyalty programme. You earn Smiles by completing different actions on the App and can spend Smiles on different items via the App such as buying more pings and buying back vouchers that have already been redeemed.
• Smiles are valid up to December 30th of every year. However, if you purchase an App product and renew your membership before December 30 of a given year, they will be valid for 13 months from the date they were earned. Please check your Profile to see your Smiles balance
• Smiles can be used to buy back a maximum of 1 Offer per merchant, per calendar year.
• Smiles can be earned and used only by Members who own a full ENTERTAINER product.
• Smiles used to avail a discount when buying an ENTERTAINER product cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
• Pings are a Member’s virtual ability to transfer Offers from one Member to another Member
• A Member is given 10 Pings to use with every ENTERTAINER product purchased
• Pings expire on December 30 each year,
• The number of Pings a Member has cannot be transferred or given to other Members.
• Once a Ping is made it cannot be reversed, changed or altered
• Pings that are not accepted by the recipient Member within 10 days of the Ping taking place will ping back to the sender after 10 days of the date the Offer was pinged by the sender
• Pinged Offers cannot be pinged again once received and accepted
11. Exclusion Days
Offers can be used 7 days a week, excluding the following days in the following markets and any other public holidays as announced by the applicable government (subject to merchant discretion):
• Christmas Eve
• Christmas Day
• New Year's Eve
• New Year's Day
• Eid Al Fitr
• Eid Al Adha
• Valentine's Day
• National Day
• Please note, a limited number of outlets may be closed over summer, Ramadan and other selected religious holidays. We cannot be held responsible if an outlet is temporarily or permanently closed during the Offer validity period
• Any other public holiday as announced by the government
The barter, trade, sale, purchase or transfer for compensation of any ENTERTAINER product or any of its Offers or contents by any person or entity, including but not limited to travel services, travel providers, and distributors of the product or any of its Offers, is strictly prohibited, unless expressly authorised by The Entertainer FZ LLC. The product and its Offers and other content are intended for the non- profit use of the individual purchaser of the Offers. Additionally, the use of the product or any of its Offers for advertising purposes is strictly prohibited. Any use of the Offers in violation of these Rules will render the Offers void, and The Entertainer FZ LLC will avail itself of any and all legal remedies available to it. Offers may not be reproduced and are void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Entertainer FZ LLC will not be responsible if any merchant or venue permanently closes or refuses to accept any Offer; however, we will use reasonable efforts to rectify the situation, to the extent possible. The Entertainer FZ LLC will not be responsible in the event that acts of God, fire casualties, illness, injury or other events beyond its control prevents you from using any Offer.
12. Intellectual Property
Copyright in the text, images, photographs, graphics, layout and design of ENTERTAINER products are protected by local and International copyright laws. Copyright in all ENTERTAINER products and in the text, index, rules of use, offers, layout and other copyrights works contained in each ENTERTAINER product, is owned by The ENTERTAINER FZ LLC, or used with permission. No part of any ENTERTAINER product may be reproduced in any form (including by electronic or mechanical means, photocopying, recording, or information storage and retrieval) without the written permission of the publisher. The ENTERTAINER wordmark and logo are the trademarks and/or registered trademarks of The ENTERTAINER FZ LLC. Other trademarks, artwork, copy and/or translations of copy appearing in this publication are used with permission of their respective licensed owners.